Bluecoat House is Grade II Listed and is located within the Bath World Heritage Site and designated Conservation Area. The existing building, built in 1860, replaced an earlier Bluecoat School dating from 1722. It was bought by the Bath Health Department and reopened as offices in 1927. Later it was used for local government offices and storage until 2011 when it was refurbished as a Chimichanga mexican restaurant.
Bluecoat House is built with ashlar bath stone in random courses under steeply pitched slate roofs. It has an eclectic Northern Renaissance style, with a corner turret including two clock faces. A projecting entrance porch, more in a classical style, forms the main
entrance to the building. Architectural details include tall flemish gables, mullioned windows, arched doorways with keystones and fanlights.
Client Hitchen Kitchen
Date 19 Aug 2011
Categories Interior Photography, Commercial Photography